The Basic Coverage:
This NAUTICA watch (but not any battery, crystal, case, band or strap) is warranted to the owner for a period of FIVE YEARS from the date of purchase against defects in manufacture by Nautica Watches - not by the dealer from whom the watch was purchased.
What Nautica Watches Will Do:
If this watch develops such a defect within the five year period it will be repaired (i.e., a new or thoroughly reconditioned and inspected movement will be installed) or replaced (a watch of equal value and similar appearance will be supplied) at our option, provided it is returned with a $7.50 check or money order to cover costs of postage, handling and service, and you provide proof of purchase and date of purchase.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Nautica Watches will not repair defects related to servicing not performed by Nautica Watches.
- Nautica Watches will not provide any warranty service if your watch shows evidence that it has been tampered with, misused, abused, or altered; for example:
Nautica Watches reserves the right to charge you for a replacement battery, if the battery in your watch is depleted. No addition charge will be made unless the five year warranty period has expired or servicing is necessary for reasons beyond our control, in which case a moderate charge will be made.
- moisture damage sufficient to affect the proper function of the watch;
- damage to the case; or
- visible cracking of the crystal.
NAUTICA WATCHES IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apple to you.
Your Rights Under Implied Warranties and State Law:
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES. NAUTICA WATCHED LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO GIVE YEARS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Care of Your Watch:
- Avoid exposing your watch to water, steam, or other forms of moisture, if your watch is not water-resistant.
- If the crystal becomes damaged, have it replaced at once to avoid damage to the movement.
- When your battery is depleted, have it replaced promptly. The particular type of battery required is indicated on your caseback.
Service of Your Watch:
If your NAUTICA watch should ever need servicing, send it to the above address provided.
Because of possible loss, we recommend insuring your watch, return receipt requested, when using the mails. If you do not obtain a receipt within a reasonable time, start a tracer through the originating post office. NEVER INCLUDE A SPECIAL WATCHBAND OR ANY OTHER ARTICLE OF PERSONAL VALUE IN YOUR SHIPMENT. PLEASE NOT THAT WE MAY SUBSITUTE A WATCH OF EQUAL VALUE AND SIMILAR APPEARANCE FOR YOURS ON BOTH IN-WARRANTY AND OUT-OF-WARRANTY REPAIRS.